
In my defence I did have another post earlier last month, but the computer refused to post it... then I forgot about it... too bad... it's was a really long one. Oh well. So Maija... my favorite subject, is a happy little 6 month old who can jibber jabber, get up on her hands and knees.... she crawls and likes to cruz while hanging on to mom. She's been dropped on her head twice and rolled off the bed once. Now we will have an excuse for when she turns out a little weird. 

She loves to put anything and everything in her mouth and she loves to watch movies with mom.... especially Kung Fu Panda (her favorite, deffinately my child). 

She loves to sing with dad when he plays his music and she has been known to stomp out the beat with her little feet. Not too long ago we were in Colorado with Grandparents when we were surprised by... Cousins!!! Torrie and her girls were able to meet us in Colorado for a week and the cousins hada blast! Poor dad though.... with so much estrogen in the house he found an excuse to skip the state for a bit... ; ) We had the opportunity to have Maija's pictures taken with our professional friend Rachel Provolt. We love these pictures! and we found out that Maija likes taking pictures too. Maija loves to see Dad when he comes home and she has recently tried solid foods, which she equally loves... sorry dad. She's rather a clean baby as she doesn't smear all the food around her face... but Mom is also pretty quick at scooping excess food off as well. This last weekend we had the opportunity to have a ward Luau with myself and three other lovely sisters in the ward as the entertainment for the night. We learned a hula called Kananaka and performed it for the ward. It was a little nerve racking but fun and we think the ward enjoyed it as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get a hold of the video that was taken and the pictures as well and I'll post them later with this post. We are having fun taking it easy this summer and Maija and I have decided that we do not like Fall and Winter semesters when the Clyde building sees more of Ryan than we do. We love having him home with us during the spring and summer! He is currently earning the bucks by TA ing Dr. C's engineering class and I have to tell you, he's a dang good teacher. He likes to come home and tell me about some of the problems that he's worked out and believe it or not I am able to follow along with the logic... and I only know one year of college calculus. Maybe teaching wouldn't be such a bad idea for Ryan to pursue. I'm currently trying to finish my degree in Illustration and English so that I may start my career writing children's books... which I've already started. I took a Book bindng class last year and I've minored in english (one of the classes being writing children's literature), I'm an Illustration major and all I need to do now is take editing classes and I can write, draw, edit, bind, and publish my own books...As it turns out Ryan and I will both be graduating Fall of 2010 (since some of my stupid classes are only offered once a year and I don't want to overload myself since I have Maija) and then Ryan will go on to get his Masters.... so we will be here for forever. Well I think we have you pretty much caught up! Boy, do we love life!
You're little gal is a doll! And I just noticed that you have the same background on your blog, that I have on mine! haha!
ReplyDeleteWell a very starved aunt, uncle and a pair of cousins thanks you for FINALLY blogging! But there still isn't enough pictures :) Glad to see life is treating you so well. We wish we could have playdates :( We love you three!
ReplyDelete